Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep?
Ever count sheep? Who came up with that idea anyway? I use to try it and it drove me crazy, I always lost track of how many sheep. I guess that was the point.. but it never helped me get to sleep.
Here's what I've learned after countless insomnia consults. Prescription sleep aids may work for some but before you resort to that extreme give a few of these natural sleep remedies a try.
1. Darkness counts. Make the bedroom as dark as possible. No computers in the room, no clock radio light. If you want to sleep you need to maximize that melatonin production so you need blackness. When you can't see your hand in front of your face, your sleep space functioning as a natural sleep aid.
2. Stop Nappiing!! No more than 1 short.. 30 minutes or less nap, per day. Sorry folks, if you really want good quality sleep you've got to maximize the efficiency of 7 hours straight. You shouldn't need a nap if you have at least 7-8 hours of quality sleep each night. Power napping (30 min or less ) is approved but more than that you are sabotaging your night time REM.
3. Change your mind, 7-8 hours is not a pipe dream. Although many of us would like to will ourselves to sleep, this method is fairly ineffective. But if you truly set a natural sleep goal, this will be a positive influence. As you go to bed, give yourself the positive affirmation that you will sleep all night. Don't doubt yourself, you may be surprised how strong the mind can be.
4. Love your mattress, or whatever you sleep on. If you don't love it, change it. Com' on, you spend months/years of your life sleeping. Do it in style.
5. The temperature is one of the most important natural sleep remedies. We have all experienced the" too hot" summer night or too cold winter morning. Make it right and enjoy the best sleep you can. (If night sweats are your "too hot" moment check out our natural Menopause Relief, it will naturally adjust your internal thermostat.)
Bonus tip: A few drops of Lavender essential oil on your pillow and behind your ear lobes provides a natural calming effect.
If you are still suffering with poor sleep, try our all natual sleep aid. Our herbal blend is not a secret, it is written in every Chinese herbal formula book on the planet. It has been used for centuries. Drink a small cup of iSleep before bed and we guarantee you will improve the number of hours you sleep. Best part… it's an all natural sleep aid!